You are a problem solver and tend to think outside the box.
The TopSpot IT Specialist is responsible for maintaining our internal and external IT infrastructure to ensure that we have a reliable, safe, and secure environment. The ideal candidate has in-depth knowledge and experience with LAMP-Stack, web hosting, and IT infrastructures. Successful team members in this role are proactive, think critically, collaborate with Team Members across the organization, and realize how their work contributes to both the People and Customer Experience for TopSpot.
This is a hybrid role in Houston, TX.
What You'll Do
- Manage a diverse nature of applications and our Technology Infrastructure
- Assist Teammates across the organization with any IT related issues to increase work efficiency and contribute to a positive experience working at TopSpot
- Identify patterns in IT requests and/or issues to proactively solve and troubleshoot for the company
- Provide technical guidance for web hosting, SSL, and server administration with both Teammates and Customers, instilling confidence throughout the experience
- Develop strategies and IT procedures to increase efficiency, workflows and customer satisfaction
- Proactively monitor and build strategies to accommodate relevant changes in the digital and security world
- Communicate thoroughly and promptly with teams through email, phone calls, and in-person meetings when needed
- Perform Infrastructure assessments to identify potential risks, challenges, and prepare appropriate mitigation plans
- Identify opportunities to build cost-effective and efficient systems as technology solutions in alignment with TopSpot’s goals
- Contribute to the Team’s IT documentation to share knowledge among IT/Technology Team and other Technical roles
- Instill confidence with Customers and Teammates through your approach, active listening, and understanding of Client & Team objectives and business. Every role at TopSpot contributes to creating a great experience with our Customers to retain and grow their business.
- Partner with all departments across TopSpot to create a great experience as it relates to IT. Examples include:
- Strategically identify areas to create greater efficiencies, improve our processes & results, and support our best practices and standards in SEO, SEM, Web Design & Development, Analytics, & Video.
- Continuously stay updated on the IT, Cyber Security, and Web Hosting spaces to grow your knowledge and build credibility with Teammates and Customers. This includes Google Alerts, Webinars, email lists for industry websites, or social platforms like LinkedIn.
THE MUST HAVES
Your qualifications that make you the ideal candidate
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field required
- Must have an understanding of Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP (LAMP stack)
- Advanced understanding of web hosting environments (cloud and dedicated), migration techniques, DNS management and troubleshooting
- Experience with cybersecurity strategies such as SSL and server lockdown
- Experience with cloud-based hosting providers such as AWS, Azure
- Ability to maintain and support an enterprise-level Office 365 plan including OneDrive and SharePoint
- Administer network and data security including active directory, firewalls, group policies, antivirus, exchange
- Ability to fully configure, deploy and maintain new Windows or Linux servers
- Experience with both Plesk and cPanel
- Familiarity with both VMWARE environments and Cloud computing
- Infrastructure assessment to identify potential risks, challenges and prepare appropriate mitigation plans
- Strong communication, organization, time management and documentation skills
- Ability to multitask, rapidly adapt, design pro-active strategies and respond to changes in environment and priorities
Preferred Technical Qualifications:
- Master’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field required
- Knowledge of Content Management Systems such as MODx, Magento, and Wordpress
- Prior experience with any of the following:
- New Relic
- ShoreTel Director
- Cisco Hardware Configuration (firewalls, WAPs, switches or other equipment)
- Meraki WAPs
- Computer imaging software
- Experience migrating, hosting and maintaining email services
- Any certification like Cisco, Comp TIA or Microsoft
This is a hybrid role in Houston, TX.