You are a self-starter with an eagerness and passion to learn new skillsets and improve upon existing ones.
Reporting to the Lead Web Designer, the TopSpot Web Designer is crucial in bringing strategic, competitive website designs to life that not only elevate a Customer's aesthetics online, but elevate performance and results, driving qualified leads. The ideal candidate is an experienced Web Designer that is familiar aligning with a Customer's business objectives through a design that combines creativity, thoughtful UX, business acumen, and data/analytics. Successful team members in this role critically think, collaborate with Team Members across the organization, communicate proactively, and realize how their work contributes to the Customer Experience and business results.
Successful web designers are creative and forward thinking in their designs for our clients. At TopSpot, we take a different approach to web design and development by building sites that don't just look great but also perform well from a search engine marketing standpoint. Stephen RifaiDirector of Web Development, TopSpotter Since 2012
- Create custom website designs for new and existing Customers that elevate our Customer’s aesthetics, differentiate their business online among competitors, and drive business results and leads.
- Develop wireframes and design concepts based on marketing analytics, lead data, competitive analysis, and TopSpot digital marketing best practices. You are able to manage multiple projects at different stages, project timelines, and budgets with competing priorities.
- Instill confidence with Customers and Teammates through your creative approach, active listening, understanding of Client objectives and business, and design work. Every role at TopSpot contributes to creating a great experience with our Customers to retain and grow their business.
- Apply your knowledge and experience of visual design, user-centered experience design, interaction design, brand development, and creative process in a way that aligns & furthers TopSpot standards and best practices.
- Enhance existing interfaces and designs with new layouts, interactions, and forms that present increased lead or sales opportunities based on data analysis from Google Analytics, Lead & Call Analytics, conversion optimization on A/B and multi-variance testing.
- Communicate proactively among Teammates & Manager to convey if/when progress and milestone completions are on track or off-track to manage risks and develop plans accordingly.
- Participate in design reviews and other team-wide design efforts using data analysis such as Google Analytics, Lead and form analytics solutions to understand results. You are comfortable giving and receiving feedback on designs to promote accountability, growth, high quality, and a great Customer and Teammate experience.
- Collaborate with the Internal Marketing Team to design e-mails, online ads, case studies, event and marketing collateral.
- Partner with all departments across TopSpot to develop custom, creative designs and deliver successful website launches that get results. Examples include:
- Partnering with Sales, Customer Relationship Teams, and Paid Search Team Members on historical data & results, key differentiators & competitive analysis, to build and improve on digital marketing results in the next website’s iteration
- Collaborating effectively with Web Teammates including Project Manager, fellow Designers, and Developers for effective resource utilization, strategic planning, and accountability to TopSpot standards and client business objectives for a successful website and client experience.
- Collaborate with Conversion Optimization teammates and Analytics teammates to understand the effectiveness of designs to consistently be evolving approach to improve website designs and identify patterns.
- Strategically identify areas to create greater efficiencies, improve our processes & results, and support our best practices and standards in SEO, SEM, Web Design & Development, Analytics, & Video.
- Continuously stay updated on the Web Design, Digital Marketing Industry & Industrial/B2B spaces to grow your knowledge and build credibility with Teammates and Customers. This includes Google Alerts, Webinars, email lists for industry websites, or social platforms like LinkedIn to keep a pulse on digital marketing, design best practices, and thought leadership in the spaces.
The Must Haves
Your qualifications that make you the ideal candidate
- 3 + years of Web Design experience. Must submit a portfolio of work and be prepared to guide us through strategy.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Figma (or similar design and prototyping tools).
- Must be comfortable working with auto layout, components, variants, and design libraries.
- Familiar with user testing and leveraging data to empower design decisions and UX best practices. Strong skills in modern design and prototyping tools.
- Experience with designing for Content Management Systems (CMS) like MODX, Wordpress, Magento / ecommerce designs.
- Ability to problem solve effectively and proactively using training, logic, judgment, and data to determine effective solutions.
- Ability to create digital prototypes for website user paths, hover states, and interactions.
- Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop. Basic knowledge of Adobe Illustrator and Adobe InDesign.
- Basic understanding of E-Commerce design layouts and standards.
- Established experience designing for mobile devices. Knowledge of responsive design layouts and standards.
- Driven by creativity.
- Meticulous attention to detail and exceptional organizational skills.
- Excellent communication skills, which include active listening and critical thinking.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment – love the craft and grit to make and innovate.
- Ability to manage & prioritize multiple projects at different phases, with varying scopes, budgets, and timelines. You are flexible and adaptable in responding and accommodating reasonable changes in priorities and timelines. and communicating proactively through them.
- Self-starter with an eagerness to learn new skill sets and improve upon existing ones
- Familiarity with some front-end basics, basic HTML
Preferred Technical Qualifications:
- Background in CSS
- Experience with browser developer tools or extensions
- Experience with a variety of Content Management Systems (CMS) such as MODX, WordPress, Magento, etc.
- Experience with building design systems or DAM for brands or organizations
- Experience with Google Suite such as Looker Data Studio & Tag Manager a plus
- Experience in Google Analytics or other marketing analytics tools
- Experience in designing for B2B or industrial companies
This is a hybrid role in Houston, TX with remote options in Texas (outside of Houston).
Here are a few of the benefits you'll enjoy
At TopSpot, the learning never ends! Take part in a variety of department training programs that help you stay ahead of the curve.
Our TopSpot Education Manager helped to create customized programs to ensure you'll always have resources available!
We pride ourselves on providing a competitive benefits package, including paid time off, health & dental benefits, and more.